Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Note from the Editor-In-Chief

First of all, to Snarky's readers in the United States, Happy Thanksgiving!

I realize the month of November has gone by without a post, but I wanted to let you know the blog is not dead. I just haven't had much time to play. I have four days off for the holiday and my poor fiance has to work all weekend, so I hope to get in plenty of simming.

I'll be honest, the posts are going to be scarce for a while. I'm four and a half months away from my wedding and I'm behind in my planning. Please be patient with me. I really do enjoy blogging because it's gotten my creative juices flowing again. Also, I am not planning on getting the Sims 3 (I don't want my marriage over before it starts), so this blog will not disappear in February.

Not long after I started this blog, a discussion thread came up on the Prosperity Challenge Yahoo Group about Hysterical Paroxysm's Uber-Megahood. This awesome Sim Goddess took all of the Maxis-made hoods (including Apartment Life's Belladonna Cove) and combined them into one neighborhood. Now the Goths can hang out with the Capps downtown. I was excited to hear about this project, but I was bummed at the same time. My blog is based on each individual neighborhood, not the combined Uber-hood. If only I had known about it before I started...

Well, I went on a couple months trying to pretend like the Uber-hood didn't exist, but temptation got the best of me. I finally downloaded it this week. Now, I'm facing a dilemma. Do I keep Snarky's blog going on the individual neighborhoods, or do I subtly shift to the Uber-hood? For now, I thnk I'm going to keep Snarky's blog as is and also create a new blog to follow the Uber-hood sims. The new blog will be in the "traditional" style of featuring one household per Sim week. Yes, I'm insane. I'm going to work on two blogs while planning a wedding.

On a final note, I'm going through Snarky's previous posts, and labeling the Sims in the pics. I'm inspired by Rachel's Prosperity Point and Mary's Tranquility Bay. I love how they label the Sims in their pictures because it helps you keep track of who is who. I thought I would need Photoshop to do this, but I just discovered that I can do it in Photobucket. I may post a tutorial about it.

Well, thank you so much for reading the blog. Snarky and I greatly appreciate you. As Snarky would say, "Later, Boys and Girls!"

No comments: